Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Our first three weeks

We've had a great first three weeks in fifth grade! 


We have participated in lots of team challenges to get to know each other and build our classroom community.






We have really been enjoying Reading Workshop time! We've been reading lots of interesting books and sharing about them with each other. We are all on our way to accomplishing our goal of each reading 40 books this year!







On Fridays, we have Fitness Friday! We get to walk/jog to music for 25 minutes with all the 3rd-5th graders. It's a great time!




Last Monday, we started meeting with our Kindergarten buddies in Mrs. Mandujano's class. We helped them write their letters and then read them books. Everyone had a great time and we can't wait to see our buddies again! 






Here are our favorite things about fifth grade so far: 

Will: I like capture the duct tape and I like kindergarten buddies. (“Me too!” from most of the class)
Blake: I like how we built towers out of objects.
Bella: I like that we get to go around the room for reading workshop time.
Arielle: I like enrichment.
AJ: I like Fit Friday because I can walk with my friends.
Karoliena: I like reading Wonder with the whole class.
Quinn: I like to do math.
Larry: I like that we’re doing P.E. three times in the week.
Emily: I like how we all work together.
Gia: I liked how we built the bridges.
Mia: I like reading workshop because we get to choose the books we read.
Larissa: My favorite part about school is that there are a lot of good books in the class library.
Angeline: I like that I made new friends so far.
Alanna: I like in art class where we do Aboriginal dot art paintings.
Rebecca: I like the teachers and the kids so far.
Maddy: I like how we have Google accounts! (“Me too!” from most of the class)
Maggie: I like how we get to eat snacks in the classroom.
Aliyah: I like reading workshop because I like to read.
Mimi: I like that we get privileges.
Diana: I like how we can do e-mails.
Isaac: I like that we have access to computers.
Danielle: I like playing jot thoughts with our groups.
Paul: I liked making the silhouettes.
Marissa: I like playing capture the duct tape in P.E. and my speech enrichment class.
Bruce: I like the engineering enrichment class.
Melina: I like reading workshop because it introduces me to different genres.
Mrs. Rohrbacker: I like that our class works together so well and we always have a lot of fun!

5 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. Rohrbacker's Class,
    It sounds like you are having an awesome time in 5th grade! I am so happy that we have 5th graders at our school this year and that you are BIG buddies to kindergarten! I also LOVE that you love reading! I love to read, too! I just finished 365 Days of Wonder by R.J. Palacio and I loved it! Keep up the great work!
    Love,
    Mrs. Kloczko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs. Kloczko,

      Thank you for your comment! We are reading 365 Days of Wonder, too! We are almost done with Wonder and we LOVE it so much!!

      Sincerely,
      Mrs. Rohrbacker's Class

      Delete
  2. Dear Mrs. Rohrbacker's Class,
    I can't believe how much technology you're using! You have a phenomenal teacher, and I am sure you will love all of the great things you're going to do and learn from her this year! Enjoy your books, buddies, and Fitness Fridays! I can't wait to hear more about the Google accounts and e-mail!
    Mrs. Sarnecki
    1st Grade Teacher at Mrs. Rohrbacker's previous school (But I used to teach 5th grade!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs. Sarnecki,

      Thank you for your comment! We like the technology too! Are the little first graders in your class cute?

      Sincerely,
      Mrs. Rohrbacker's Class

      Delete
  3. this is very cool
    From,
    Diego

    ReplyDelete