Friday, September 26, 2014

Hannah's Trip

Hey guys,
My name is Hannah. Recently, I went on a road trip to Long Beach, Washington. Long Beach is on the peninsula. See if you can spot it!


Anyways, it is a twelve hour trip, from Natomas. But, to make the time go by, we listened to music, and watched movies.

When we FINALLY got to Astoria (a city on the edge of Oregon,) we had to cross this gimungous bridge. Gimungous is a cross between gigantic and humungous, that I made up.


I was like "whoaaa"
It was scary. The border line between Washington and Oregon is in the middle of that bridge.
I was like "whoaaa" twice.

When we got to my aunts house, we said hi to her and her dog. We ate dinner, and we had lots of fun. Long Beach is like, farm land and trees. By the way, the weather is AWESOME!!!!!!!!
What's funny is, Long Beach is so small, I looked it up on google images, and I have been to most of the places in the pictures.


Anyway, we went to the ‘downtown’ of long beach, which is, well……….
Small. Small and crowded from tourists.
But it was awesome. We had ice cream for lunch. We went to the farmers market.
I tried watermelon fudge (it tastes really good).

So that’s my trip! Thanks for reading!

12 comments:

  1. Hannah,

    Thanks for sharing about your trip to Long Beach. How clever it was of you to make up the word 'gimungous'! That bridge does seem pretty gimungous!

    12 hours is a very long drive! What kind of music do you and your family listen to?

    When we went on road trips my family only agreed on 80's music. Everything else (country, pop, rap) was off limits because we couldn't agree! Did you enjoy spending the time with your family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs. Fraser,
      That bridge was REALLY gimungus! 12 hours IS a long drive! Dad got the pick of music first. He listened to someone named 'Dave Matthews' and Red Hot Chili Peppers. When it was our turn to pick music, it was Taylor Swift, One Republic, and One Direction! We watched movies, and did crossword puzzles too. Did you know that its illegal to pump our own gas in Oregon? An attendant did it for us. I enjoyed visiting my great aunt because she only comes on holidays. Thank you for your comment!

      sincerely,
      Hannah

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun family trip. Thanks for sharing. By the way, you have an awesome teacher ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs. Ibarra,
      I did have lots of fun! And I know, I do have a pretty awesome teacher!
      sincerely,
      Hannah

      Delete
  3. Chris Rohrbacker-SumstineSeptember 29, 2014 at 7:29 AM

    Hi Hanna! I really enjoyed your blog about Washington. I have always wanted to visit that beautiful state. I have wonderful memories of taking family trips like this when I was your age. You are a very good writer too! I hope you have a great year in school and enjoy your travels with your family! By the way, I think having ice cream for lunch rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Chris,
      Thank you! I think having ice cream for lunch rocks too. I hope you have a great year as well!
      from,
      Hannah

      Delete
  4. Wow,nice trip

    -Ankit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun trip!

    -Aaliylah (Ms.Bullock 5th grade)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Aaliylah,
      Thank you for your comment! It was SUPER fun!
      sincerely,
      Hannah

      Delete
  6. hi Ms.R


    - Ruby Ms.Bullocks class

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that probably was an awesome trip to go to! Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should of had been like"Whoaaa" three times!
    _Aaliylah

    ReplyDelete